Our Preschool Policies are set to ensure a well-run, nurturing environment that will enrich our young students’ experiences and provide our parents with the reassurance that we have all of our children’s best interests at heart.
Please do not send your child to school if he or she is sick. Please:
- Wait 24 hours after a fever has ended to send your child back to school.
- In cases of vomiting or diarrhea, also wait 24 hours after the illness has ended.
- If the illness begins at school, you will be notified immediately and asked to come and pick up your child.
We will notify you via email if we become aware if any communicable illnesses that are taking place in area schools. We will do our best to stop the spread of sickness at our school.
While biting can be a part of some children’s development, it is also a serious issue and can be a health risk. Our main goal is to keep every child safe and foster a warm, loving, enriching environment for each child to learn.
If your child bites another child at First Presbyterian Preschool the following steps will be taken.
- The FIRST offense: you will be notified by your child’s teacher of the incident with as much detail as possible while maintaining the other child’s privacy. An incident report will be written, signed and kept on file.
- The SECOND offense: you will be called by the director and told of the incident. Also a copy of the incident report will be sent home with your child stating that it is his or her second offense. The other copy will be kept on file.
- The THIRD offense: you will be called by the director and asked to come and pick up your child. An incident report will again be sent home and kept on file. You will then be asked to keep your child home for a week to work with your child on not biting.
- Once your child returns, he or she will be welcomed into the class but will be on probation for the rest of the school year. If your child were to bite again, then your child would be asked to take a month’s break or leave the school.
Potty Training Policy
We require that all of our students, including our Two-and-a-Half-Year-Olds, be fully potty trained.
While we are always here to assist your child in this process, and understand that occasional accidents may happen, we need for your child to be potty trained before attending our Preschool.
In the information packet that we provide parents about our Preschool, detailed potty-training guidelines are provided. We will go over these with you and ask you to sign a copy before your child enrolls.
We hope you understand that we are trying to foster the best possible learning environment for your child and the other children in the school.
Thank you for your cooperation on this matter!